Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greek gods...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

Greek gods... Empty
PostSubject: Greek gods...   Greek gods... EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:57 pm

...are pretty epic.

I've always loved ancient greek/roman mythology, and it's so intense to see how the gods are all so humanistic and exaggerated versions of ourselves.

One of my favourites is Juno (Hera), Jove (Zeus)'s wife, who gets constantly cheated on by Zeus, and becomes extremely bitter and vengeful. When we read Ovid's Metamorphoses (a collection of myths hopelessly intertwined with each other) Juno seemed so over-the-top and nasty (and what does she think she's doing!) But if you think about it, wouldn't you feel the same way?

Back to top Go down
http://afflaltus.blogspot.com/
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

Greek gods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek gods...   Greek gods... EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:09 pm

You also have to add that Hera tried to overthrow Zeus one time and ever since then Zeus refused to love her again, seeing her more as just another Olympian rather than his wife. Also, if Zeus impregnates Hera with a male child, prophecy fortold that god would be much more powerful than Zeus and would overthrow and kill him just like Zeus opposed his own father. In fact I'm pretty sure it was Hera herself that issued the prophecy.

The Hera/Zeus relationship is epicly disfunctional. They're brother and sister, they hate each other but Hera hates it even more if Zeus finds love with other females. She sort of wants him to be condemned to a loveless/sexless marriage for eternity; his own personal hell. But he strays anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

Greek gods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek gods...   Greek gods... EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:17 am

that didn't stop them having children either, they had the muses..one of my favourites..that's where sapph comes from ;)
they were made by hephestus for zeus (or something) his daughter was pandora who he made too and i really love that stuff XD

i used to watch clash of the titans with my grand parents everyyyy frikking year at christmas ><
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
Gremlin
Mothership Citizen

Greek gods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek gods...   Greek gods... EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 am

Have you guys read the Percy Jackson series? It's pretty fun and is about demigods and there's a lot of Greek mythology in there. I love Greek and Roman mythology. I especially love their stories and the images of the different gods. My favorite is Artemis. I think she's pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greek gods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek gods...   Greek gods... Empty

Back to top Go down

Greek gods...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: Myths and Legends-
Jump to: