Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My hilarious hypnogogic episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

My hilarious hypnogogic episode Empty
PostSubject: My hilarious hypnogogic episode   My hilarious hypnogogic episode EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:11 am

If I had never had a real paranormal experience, I might think that the experience I'm about to relate was a real encounter. But I've come to the conclusion that it had to be a hypnogogic episode. That's when you're either right about to fall asleep or just waking up and your brain is still asleep but your eyes are open and you start to halucinate crazy crap all over the place.

This happened years ago and I left it out of my other thread because I don't believe this was a real ghost, but it's understandable how someone might think it was. I had just come home from a 5 mile walk while wearing a 50 pound weighted vest. I had walked up and down hills too so I was extremely tired. I laid back on the couch, with all the lights on, and suddenly felt extremely relaxed. A few minutes passed by and suddenly heard the sound of electric hair clippers switch on. The noise came from out of my range of vision and I couldn't move. I was paralyzed. Whoever, or whatever, had turned on the clippers, was holding it and moved it right next to my ear so it buzzed really loud. The clippers moved away and back to my ear at least 2 times as if the wielder was letting me know it was there. Then it went behind me and started shaving my head. I completely freaked out. I could feel the clippers touching my scalp and felt my hair falling off in big chunks as my attacker quickly shaved away. I tried to yell but couldn't make any noise and felt like I was being held down. Eventually I was able to move and the sound stopped instantly. I grabbed my head and all my hair was still there. There were no tufts of hair on the floor and no ghost barber with clippers in the room.

I was terrified for about 2 minutes, and then started laughing my butt off. Why would a ghost want to shave my head? How hilarious was that? I realized it had to be a halucination because it fit the traditional symptoms of a hypnogigic episode. Some people have them all the time. Native Americans called it a dream a quest and could induce them by combining enormous physical exertion, starvation, and sitting in a sweat lodge for days. So, what sort of dream quest is a ghost barber that shaves your head? Is that my spirit guide's way of saying "get a haircut hippy!"

I'm very lucky to have experienced both real and imagined paranormal encounters so that way I can tell the difference. candle
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

My hilarious hypnogogic episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hilarious hypnogogic episode   My hilarious hypnogogic episode EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:59 pm

haha..that's the strangest thing i've heard. XD
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com

My hilarious hypnogogic episode
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: The Basement-
Jump to: