Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost all respect for the church

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

Lost all respect for the church Empty
PostSubject: Lost all respect for the church   Lost all respect for the church EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:21 am

While there are certainly a few parishes that are very open-minded and tolerant, the roman catholic church (and all other churches) has lost every iota of my respect.
Religion is supposed to be based on love... and yet they turn around and condemn everyone who doesn't quite fit their standards.
What's with that??

I still have faith, but I'm not going to church anymore. :(
Back to top Go down
http://afflaltus.blogspot.com/
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost all respect for the church   Lost all respect for the church EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:39 am

I retired from Christianity around the age of 19 myself. I had similar reasons to yours. I became agnostic and still am today, though I no longer habor any grudges against it. I approach Christianity these days as though I had never been one. It seems like it was a different person in a former life and he's passed on.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Lost all respect for the church   Lost all respect for the church EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:12 am

omg the church doesn't agree with homo/bisexuality :/
is that why u don't go anymore??
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

PostSubject: Re: Lost all respect for the church   Lost all respect for the church EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:56 pm

that's one of the many reasons, for sure.

I just discovered a church in one of my cities neighbourhoods (very liberal and gay-friendly neighbourhood) that has a whole bunch of signs that scream pro-gay/pro-diversity so I might have to check that out. It's so far though :(
haha if I move back after university I'm living there cuz it's such an awesome place!!!

anyway...
The other issues I have involve complete disrespect of other religions, the extremely corrupt hierarchal system, the sexism, and so on and so forth.
no wonder religion is taking a fall these days!
Back to top Go down
http://afflaltus.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost all respect for the church   Lost all respect for the church Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost all respect for the church
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: The Temple-
Jump to: