Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

do u believe in god??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

do u believe in god?? Empty
PostSubject: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 am

is there a god?? maybe he's on holiday..
ninja
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
Gremlin
Mothership Citizen

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 am

Personaly, I do not believe in god. I simply do not understand he logic of it. I don't mean to be rude or to insult anyone, but I don't find any logic in the majority of religions. By that I mean I find some logic in the Quaker religion but that's about it. I am very much a logic oiented person...
Back to top Go down
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:39 am

angelwing

I kind of agree- I like things to make logical sense, but where that fails I trust in God.
I don't follow the church, really. I don't agree with some of their biblical interpretations. (actually I think there are a lot of outdated things in the bible, despite the wealth of knowledge and insight)
so you could consider me to be a spiritual semi-catholic.
Back to top Go down
http://afflaltus.blogspot.com/
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:38 am

sure i'd like to believe in a god but i need logic too :)
but silver_elf says it all when it fails u trust in god..

like if everything seems like there's no way out..and u sorta ask god for help..:/
even tho i don't believe in god, sometimes i ask for him..
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Logic has limits. Emotions, also.

I want there to be a god, but, I rarely get what I want.
Back to top Go down
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:38 am

Well, life would kind of not work out too well if every one got what they wanted when they wanted it...
then again it really does stink when everything seems to go wrong, huh.
For me that's when I look to God and believe that he knows what he's doing.

In terms of beliefs, in my opinion it's whatever works best for you and helps you live as fully as possible.
Back to top Go down
Gremlin
Mothership Citizen

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:11 am

A little bit seperate from what has been talked about so far in this thread but when I was in the hospital one of the staff members asked me if I believe in god. When I said no she told me that that's probably where my problems come from. Right. I don't think that if there is a god they would support people saying things like that. At least, in my experience of how people view god, it seems lime that god would not cause problemsfor someone simply because that person doesn't believe in god.
Back to top Go down
Carli
Mothership Leader

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

I agree, Gremlin. I would've been very angry at that staff member.
Sadly, - depending on which part you read - the bible agrees with the staff member.
It's the reason I don't believe in a God. I refuse to believe in an apparent benevolent being so supposedly committed multiple acts of genocide and incites hatred to all non-believers, as well as those who don't conform to the norm.
The most benevolent religion I've seen's Buddhism. But there's no God in that, and I'm not really down with the whole reincarnation idea.

There might be a God, but I will never believe in a God as Christians or Muslims describe him.
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:47 am

If there was a god. And he came to earth and said "Here I am, now here's what you should do, unless you don't feel like it, after all, you have free will." Would you disobey him if he asked you to do something you didn't feel like doing? Even though you have free will, would you even bother excersizing it if God was giving out instructions on what to do? He's God, infallible, who would disobey him? I know I probably wouldn't. What would happen to free will? I'm sure there would be a few people that would disobey just out of spite but I think 99% of the human population would become his slaves over night. A slave that is told to do good things that benefit herself and others, is still a slave. Would you mind living like that? I think it would bother me a bit that I no longer had the need to rely on my own understanding of things. I would be worried about the future of intellectualism and philosophy in the presence of omniscence. And it's those things that make us human, imo. Freedom, intelligence, philosophy are uniquley human pursuits (left out Love because I think animals can feel love too). So we would no longer be human. We would be pets of the Almighty. Maybe happy pets, but still pets. Would you be ok with that?
Back to top Go down
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:06 am

hmm... I think, this God chap, then he's been pretty absent in the last while. I mean, if he wants people to follow him, he's being pretty vague about what he wants and extremely ambiguous about his own existence - it's been just long enough that the parting of the red sea could be a myth by now.

And you raise an excellent point, Jacklinger, we've been discussing the problem of free will, omniscience and the presence of evil in my philosophy class. With no concrete answers, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do u believe in god??   do u believe in god?? Empty

Back to top Go down

do u believe in god??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: The Temple-
Jump to: