Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poltergheists - great or fantastic?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

Poltergheists - great or fantastic? Empty
PostSubject: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 am

I love the show Ghost Hunters. I believe I've experienced a few paranormal encounters when I was younger but almost nothing as an adult. It makes me wonder if everything was either my imagination, or perhaps paranormal phenomena is no longer attracted to me.
Back to top Go down
LocalHero
Mothership Crew
LocalHero

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 am

What was it that happened?
Back to top Go down
http://aaawc.blogspot.com/
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:07 am

ye would be good to hear ur spooky stories again jack :)
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
sunshine
Mothership Crew

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:43 pm

i have bucket loads of paranormal stuff to tell you, where to start is the problem.
i see hear feel smell them. i dont go a day without something. its all perfectly normal for me.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:38 am

u should start a thread about ur experiences twinks :)
i'd love to here them
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:41 am

The most common occurance I remember is my clock radio would alwasy be unplugged in the morning when I got up. It really pissed me off because I loved falling asleep to the sound of music and it gave me a safe feeling when I would otherwise be afraid of the dark. The glow of the red LED numbers on the clock were like a night light too. Knowing that it had been unplugged sometime in the night while I slept was unnerving and at first I assumed it was my grandmother doing it who might be annoyed by the music or something. One day I asked her how come she would unplug my clock and she said she never unplugged my clock. That's when it hit me that something else was doing it. Finally one day when I woke up, my clock was completely screwed up. The numbers were flashing gibberish and it couldn't pick up anything but static anymore. It looked like it had been magnetized. That really freaked me out and I started using my big stereo to listen to instead and that never seemed to get unplugged. Ghost did not like my clock radio but was ok with the stereo. If that had been the only thing that happened I might have thought I was unplugging it myself in my sleep, but there were other things....
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 am

o a ghost that doesn't like ur clock :/ or could it be it was just doing it to annoy u..
what else happened??
unsure
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:21 am

Here's the other things that happened... in no particular order...

My parents would hear footsteps some nights and would get up to check because they thought it was my little brother walking around. But he would always be in bed sound asleep. I never heard the footsteps myself because they were in the kitchen and that was too far away from my bedroom to hear.

I looked outside the window one evening around dusk and caught a glimpse of a being that was glowing dash out of sight just as I looked out. I told my mother and she said it must've been an angel. But I wanted to know why an angel felt the need to hide from me. I wanted to play with it. So I went outside to look for it but couldn't find it.

One evening I had gone to bed early coz I was really tired and just as I was about to doze off. I heard a loud clink, twice. It sounded like metal on glass. It came from the corner of my room and I sat up and looked around. The only thing over there was my money jar. I got up and took a penny and clinked it against the jar. It sounded sort of like what I heard but not exactly. I emptied the jar and left one penny inside and shook it. The clinking sound it made sounded exactly like what I heard. A penny had flung itself against the wall of the jar, from the inside, twice, while I was in bed. I decided not to go to bed right away and sat up with my family until they all went to bed too.

Another time I was in my bedroom and saw a huge brown dog in broad daylight approaching our front door. I wondered how it could've gotten in our yard because it was fenced in then I remembered the front door was wide open! I ran to it to slam it shut before the dog could get in but there was nothing out there. I suddenly felt very paranoid, like something had already come in, and shutting the door now, was pointless.

Next door, my grandmother had a little dog that would stay chained up to a metal spike outside. One day, he yelped while we were inside and we ran out. The spike had been pulled out of the ground and he was running off down the road, dragging it behind him. We thought maybe there was a wacko roaming around that yanked out the spike so my parents told me to go back inside and they went in too. My step-dad got a gun and put on his boots and went back outside. When he did, the dog was back in the yard and the spike was back in the ground and it looked like nothing had ever happened.

One night, my mother heard scratching in her bedroom closet but those might have been rats. Rats are worse than ghosts imo though. They can bite you.

Another night my mom and I were alone in the house and she said she saw a light flash in the doorway to the hallway. I looked over and stared at the area for a minute thinking she was just seeing things. And just as I thought that-- FLASH! A pinpoint of gold light sparked in mid air with no sound. My mom said "there it was again! did you see it?" I said I did and we watched for a while and it flashed again. I completely freaked out and refused to go to sleep that night. My mom tried to tell me it was just an angel but I didn't believe it. Something felt wrong about it.

(it gets scarier... you've been warned... see next post)
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 am

One night we were getting home late and I really wanted to get to bed. I walked ahead of my family towards our house and in the light of an oncoming car, was the sillouhette of a massive dog walking towards me. When the car went by it was pitch black so I couldn't see it but knew it was just wandering towards me. I yelled back at my family that there was a big dog up here and they told me they didn't see anything. A second car came along right after that and its lights showed nothing there. But I knew it was still there.

One day after school I was in my bedroom, reading a book I had bought and was really enthralled in it. As I read it on my bed I heard a door handle turn and a door creak open. I thought it must be my grandmother going into her room. A minute later I realized my bedroom door was shut, and that noise had been very clear and loud. I turned my head and looked at my closet door. It was open just a bit. Just enough for someone who might be inside to look out at me as I sat on my bed. And I knew it had been shut before because I always kept it shut. I hated how inky black it was in there even during the day time and couldn't stand looking at it with the door open, so I religiously kept it shut, but now it was open. It had opened by itself while I was reading. I got a very strong feeling that something was in there, watching me. I ran out of my room and didn't go back in for a couple of days.

Another time, I was home alone. I was sort of bored and sat on the washing machine while it went in the spin cycle and tried to sing with my voice shaking to make myself laugh. My parents and brother wouldn't be home for another hour or so and I had nothing to do. It was just after sundown and really dark outside. I went to go listen to my music on my stereo in my bedroom and when I opened the door, saw a bunch of my stuff had been strewn about on the floor in a swirling pattern. In the center of the pattern, a huge black shiny lizard, bobbed its head, and then looked right at me, and flicked its tongue. I ran out, closed my door so it couldn't get out, and went to grab something to kill it with. I had no idea how the hell a big black lizard got into my room much less our house. It didn't occur to me at the time about the mess on the floor or what kind of lizard it could be. I ran all over the damn house looking for anything that I could use to club it to death with. I finally found my grandpappy's old cane and armed myself with that. I went back to my room and was ready to smash it if it tried to dash out when I opened the door. So I just flung the door open. It was gone. The mess was still there, in the swirling pattern, but the lizard was gone. I figured it had hid somewhere and checked everything, especially the closet and under my bed. It was nerve wracking because I was afraid it would leap out at me when I found it. But I never found it. Didn't go to sleep in there again for a while either. I tried to tell my parents about it but they didn't believe me.

And the worst... When I was only 5 years old, my parents loved to make me get in bed by 8:00pm sharp (and then would complain when I got up at 3:00am). So I was in bed, not sleepy, as usual, and scared to death of the dark. My bedroom door was wide open to let in some light. I was watching the door because I didn't like staring into the darkness in the rest of the room. A massive black shape casually crawled into my room through the door. I screamed. My parents said it was just a nightmare, but I already had nightmares before that. I knew the difference. I was wide awake when it happened. I spent the next year sneaking out of bed after my parents went to sleep, and sitting in the shaft of light that came out of the bathroom rather than staying in my bedroom where it was dark. They refused to let me sleep with them. So I would just sit there all night long. I never slept except for naps during the day. It was a very long string of lonely and terrifying nights as I sat and waited for the black shape to come back. The next time I would sleep at night would only be when my parents divorced and my mother and I moved in with my grandparents. My grandad made me feel safe. He was an ex-marine and still had bulging muscles. Sometimes that's all a kid needs to see and he can go to sleep. I figured nothing would mess with me while he was around. And it never did. But then he died just a couple years later.
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 am

I stopped having experiences like these around the age of 17. It didn't seem to matter where we lived. Every house was a haunted house. It makes me wonder if I wasn't causing the phenomena myself. Yet each house seemed to have different activity. Maybe I was attracting or aggravating stuff that was already there. I spent several years studying and researching the paranormal via other peoples stories. I went through hundreds of videos and determined that 99% of them were fake, because I had seen the real thing and can tell the difference. I recently lost interest in things like that though because it seems so far away now. Almost like it never happened. I still like Ghost Hunters though. They don't seem to be very good at catching stuff though.
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Mothership Crew

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 am

those were exciting experiences. do you feel safe and in control now?
from all your research did you find out anything that linked in with yours?
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:31 am

I found out that supposedly, evil entities will manifest as a black lizard or snake sometimes. That might explain the lizard I saw. I also found that most hauntings involve children. Since I'm not a child anymore it might explain why I no longer have these experiences. Children may tend to attract ghosts or spirits or perhaps they provide energy for things already present, in essence, waking them up.

Other than that I haven't found much.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:49 am

tnx jack :) i'm really interested in this now, since i think i attracted something,
i think reading ur experience is giving me more confidence about mine, in a weird sorta way.
and i'm amazed at how much u know :)

i do think u were causing it :/

btw if u know any good videos could u post some in the paranormal videos section??
i'm not great at finding very good ones..
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Mothership Crew

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:52 am

I don't altogether agree on this. its just my opinion, doesn't mean im right ok.
evil entities don't really have a "form" as such.they can take "form" though if they wish to.
possibly they was able to somehow know what you was thinking when you saw them,("oh god what's that.... its a lizard,scream) you know like you saw a shape and fitted a name to it and it looked like the name you thought. this is harder to explain than I thought it would be. a bit like those ink spot test you get to se sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:41 am

I know a lizard when I see it. It was a lizard in every detail. I got a really good look at it and it looked right back at me. It even bobbed its head like a lizard and flicked its tongue. I could see the light reflecting off its shiny scales and its black eyes. I was so convinced it was a lizard that I went to get something to beat it do death with. Had it been a "ghost" or some kind of non-corporeal mass, I wouldn't have thought I could kill it.

Sapph - I know of a few videos on youtube. I'll link them on that area.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:44 am

i can see what twinks means but u def say it's a lizard i'm not arguing.. :)
so it had gone when u got back to kill it??

btw tnx jack i can't wait to see them :)
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 08, 2010 4:28 am

Yeah when I went back to kill it, it was just gone. I figured it had hid under my bed or in my closet and I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it. I didn't sleep in my room for days though.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:05 am

is that the only time ur saw that lizard thing??
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:17 am

Yes, just that one time.

It looked almost like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But that guy is native to Australia. I doubt an Australian skink found its way to my house in Mississippi and then vanished.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:43 am

lol XD do u have any lizards in mississippi??
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:07 am

Sapph wrote:
lol XD do u have any lizards in mississippi??

Yeah we do but they're tiny green ariole lizards. We have skinks too but they're even smaller and shiny blue and yellow. The only large lizards in Mississippi would be aligators, and it tweren't no gator in my room.
Back to top Go down
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:10 am

then it's def a mystery :)
mystery of the mysterious lizard xP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poltergheists - great or fantastic?   Poltergheists - great or fantastic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Poltergheists - great or fantastic?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: The Basement-
Jump to: