Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012: what do u think'll happen??

Go down 
+2
Steve
Sapph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

2012: what do u think'll happen?? Empty
PostSubject: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:42 am

i don't think anything will happen, but i'm curious to know what ppl think :)
so what do u think might happen in 2012??
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
Steve
Mothership Tech
Steve

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Carli
Mothership Leader

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:30 am

I don't think anything unique will happen.
Like Steve showed, Sunspot activity gets at it's highest, and who knows, we might even go throw a Pole shift. But all this stuff has happened before many many times. I don't believe in any of the doomsday scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Bart5050
Mothership Citizen

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:36 am

January 1, 2012

A new year will begin.
It will be as unique as every other year has been.
The future is not predictable, any more than all histories produce expectations.

The earth spins in its orbit in an expected place and time, because that is what it has alwyas done, and we see nothing that is expected to change that.

We expect to draw our next breath, because we have always done so, and we know of nothing that is immenently threatening to stop it.
But there are no guarentees, so your very next breath is not a certainty.
The unexpected can change that in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptySat May 08, 2010 4:46 am

my money is on No-Apocalypse for 2012
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Mothership Crew

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:48 am

isnt it about the mayan calender stopping at that point? i think they just got fed up with calculating many many years ahead of them and stopped there, or the perosn doing the calculations died and no on else took over for them to finish off at a nice number like 2015 or 2020
Back to top Go down
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:03 am

The mayans believe the world would end in 2012. It's very definative on their calendar. They also predicted their own demise with a fair amount of accuracy and the fact that their calendar continues to predict events all the way up to the end of the world has people thinking it could end then. But I think these "accurately predicted events" are open to interpretation. Predicting your own demise is pretty uncanny but it may have been a self-fullfilling prophecy too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012: what do u think'll happen??   2012: what do u think'll happen?? Empty

Back to top Go down

2012: what do u think'll happen??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: Earth-
Jump to: