Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortune Telling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:59 am

i think fortune tellers are mainly carnival attractions but are some of them really telling fortunes??
or is it all suggestive??
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:03 am

I purchased some tarot cards once, and read the directions. I shuffled up the cards and did 3 separate "readings" on myself. In all 3, the magician card came up as the "self" card. I thought that was kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
silver_elf
Mothership Mod
silver_elf

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:28 pm

hmm that's pretty neat jacklinger!
Back to top Go down
http://afflaltus.blogspot.com/
Sapph
Mother of the Ship
Sapph

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:03 pm

oo that is neat xP
what does the magician card mean?? :/
Back to top Go down
http://themothership.heavenforum.com
Jacklinger
Mothership Crew
Jacklinger

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:36 pm

This is all quoted from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basic Tarot Story behind the magician card...

Traveling on his way, the Fool first encounters a Magician. Skillful, self-confident, a powerful magus with the infinite as a halo floating above his head, the Magician mesmerizes the Fool. When asked, the Fool gives over his bundled pack and stick to the Magician. Raising his wand to heaven, pointing his finger to Earth, the Magician calls on all powers; magically, the cloth of the pack unfolds upon the table, revealing its contents. And to the Fool's eyes it is as if the Magician has created the future with a word. All the possibilities are laid out, all the directions he can take. The cool, airy Sword of intellect and communication, the fiery Wand of spirituality and ambition, the overflowing Chalice of Love and emotions, the solid Pentacle of work, possessions and body. With these tools, the Fool can create anything, make anything of his life. But here's the question, did the Magician create the tools, or were they already in the pack? Only the Magician knows - and on this mystery, our eloquent mage refuses to say a word.

Basic Tarot Meaning

At #1, the Magician is the male power of creation, creation by willpower and desire. In that ancient sense, it is the ability to make things just-so by speaking them aloud ("And God said 'Let there be Light!' and there was Light"). Reflecting this is the fact that the Magician is represented by Mercury. He represents the gift of tongues, a smooth talker, a salesman. Also clever with the sleight of hand (Mercury *was* the god of thieves!) and a medicine man - either a real doctor or someone trying to sell you snake oil. The 4 suits laid out before him remind us of the 4 aces, which in the Tarot symbolize the raw, undeveloped, undirected power of each suit. When the Magician appears, he reveals these to you. The reader might well interpret this card as telling the querent that they will be given a vision, an idea, a magical, mental image of whatever it is they most want: the solution to a problem, an ambitious career, a love life, a job.

That's pretty impressive. I thought it just meant "trickster" and thought the cards were telling me I was fooling myself. So I laughed and put them away.
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Mothership Crew

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:01 pm

i dont use the traditional readings of tarot at all.
heres my opinion, note opinion, which doesnt make it the only way, just my way.
i make a story of the cards that get chosen to fit the person im doing a reading for. even if i dont know anything about them it fits quite well. i have done many readings and only 3 have been so called wrong.
to go by the books and layouts the books tell you is in my eyes a waste of time. its supposed to be intuition, not do this do that.
i feel myself that many years ago when these things came about some clever person was telling others how they do their readings and it got passed down from person to person.
obviuosly it works in some cases(depending on the reader) but you dont have to follow the books instructions to be able to do them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fortune Telling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling   Fortune Telling Empty

Back to top Go down

Fortune Telling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weird and Wonderful :: The Temple-
Jump to: